Because we only provide the highest quality livestream shows at On Air it is important to make sure your internet connection can handle it! Therefore we recommend you to check your connection which you can do using one of the following speed test sites:
- Speedtest: https://www.speedtest.net
- FAST.com: https://fast.com/
Run one of the above (or both) speed tests in order to determine an estimate of your current Internet speed. The MINIMUM speed recommendations for our streams (HD, 4K UHD, etc) can be found on our Internet connection speed recommendations page.
- If your internet connection speed is low, try to switch from a wireless connection (if you are using wireless) to a wired connection. In dense populated areas there is often Wi‑Fi interference causing low throughput/slow internet connections. It might also be time to upgrade your Wi-Fi equipment to support the latest standards.
- Try to avoid streaming over a 3G or 4G mobile network connection: Throughput might suddenly drop during streaming while you are on the move and thus dropping below the required minimum speed. 5G mobile network connections should be fine for streaming purposes.
- Using an internet connection with speeds below the minimum speed recommendation could result in buffering or a bad quality streaming experience. Running a speed test allows you to determine whether or not you have proper bandwidth available. In case the bandwidth is below the required minimum you should contact your Internet Service Provider.
Where possible, connect over a good quality connection like a wired home router, using mobile data can result in varying quality and high data usage.
As an illustration, here are some result examples of proper (good) internet connections from the above mentioned websites:
Below an example of a solid/good internet connection test result via speedtest.net:
Below an example of a solid/good internet connection test result via fast.com:
Your internet connection speed is one of the most important factors determining the quality of the streams we can provide to your specific device. Most often a bad streaming experience is caused by insufficient bandwidth and or the use of an inappropriate device. Make sure to also check our list of supported devices and platforms.